Commercial Truck Equipment Co., a leader in the truck equipment industry, is looking for an eager, enthusiastic individual with a professional attitude to fill a full time position in our Woodstock, Ontario branch.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of employment, a full driving license, a desire to work to a high quality with an understanding of customer service and satisfaction, and be self-motivated.
The Receptionist/Accounting Clerk is responsible for answering a high volume of calls on a multi-line switchboard while managing their time to undertake a variety of accounting related tasks and general office duties.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Answer a high volume of incoming calls on a multi-line switchboard.
- Assist callers and/or redirecting calls as necessary
- Receive and distribute incoming mail and courier packages
- Prepare and send outgoing mail
- Organize social events for staff
- Confirm payment schedules
- Confirm payment amounts and determining reasons for slow or short payments
- Ensure collection of outstanding invoices
- Maintain accurate collection records in a timely and effective manner
- Reconcilecustomer accounts and following up to identify and solve any issues
- Provide updates on key accounts as requested
- Receive, code and post AP invoices
- Maintain an accurate and manageable AP filing system
- Compile AP invoices for bi-weekly cheque runs
- Respond to payment status inquiries from vendors
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven experience providing a high level of internal/external customer service in a positive and professional manner
- Detail oriented with the ability to organize and prioritize with a high level of efficiency and accuracy
- Takes initiative, is proactive in their work, results-oriented, dependable, and punctual
- Solid verbal and written communications skills and the ability to communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Friendly, outgoing and willing to help others when needed
- Computer experience with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to learn new systems and programs and adapt to new environments
- Punctual and dependable
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, as well as exceptional career growth potential. Please feel free to contact Debbie MacDonald, Office Administrator, should you wish to discuss the vacancy, in confidence, prior to making an application.
E: dmacdonald @comtruck.ca
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Receptionist/Accounting Clerk’.
We thank all who apply; however, only those who are qualified for the position will be contacted.