Commercial Truck Equipment Co., Canada’s largest supplier of truck equipment, is looking for a reliable, self-motivated individual with a professional attitude to fill a full time position in the warehouse of our Surrey branch.
The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of employment, a willingness to learn, a desire to work to a high quality with an understanding of customer service and satisfaction, and be self-motivated. We are looking for an individual who is strong and active and whose solid work ethic is supported by references. The successful candidate will be someone who works well in a team environment, takes pride in his/her work, takes initiative and commits to exceeding expectations.
Training and product familiarization will be provided to the successful candidate.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain an organized yard and warehouse using the forklift
- Local driving to shuttle parts and supplies; vehicle provided
- Loading/unloading trucks and trailers with a forklift
- Ensure accurate receipt of incoming purchase order goods, within company set lead times, and communicate discrepancies to the Parts Manager
- Label and put away incoming inventory and supplies
- Administer quality control inspections of incoming purchase order receipts and communicate any quality issues to the Parts Manager
- Receive customer return orders
- Provide support to the Warehouse Supervisor when demand requires
- General labour duties such as housekeeping and general yard maintenance
- Working outdoors in all elements
- Working in accordance with all health and safety requirements
- Washing large commercial vehicles upon completion of service and repairs
- NO SHIFT WORK. This is a full time position with possible advancement in the warehouse
- Valid BC driver’s license (driver’s abstract must be provided)
- 2 years’ experience as a warehouse receiver, shipper or inventory clerk
- Forklift operator certificate is considered an asset
- Post secondary education in logistics, warehouse, or transportation is an asset
- Able to lift 50-70 pounds unassisted
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Detail oriented and strong problem solving skills
- Able to work both independently, as well as in a team environment
- Dependable and punctual with a strong work ethic
- Good computer skills
- Strong commitment to safety
- Commitment to providing outstanding customer service
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefit package including health and dental coverage, as well as exceptional career growth potential. Please feel free to contact Gregg Baizley Parts Manager should you wish to discuss the vacancy, in confidence, prior to making an application.
We thank all who apply; however, only those who are qualified for the position will be contacted.