Emergency Vehicle Service Technician (EVT)
The EVT is responsible for the service, repair, equipment installation, and testing of all makes and models of emergency apparatus.
- Ability to work both independently, as well as in a team environment
- Minimum 5 years experience working on emergency vehicles
- Current EVT certification is a MUST
- Previous experience diagnosing, testing, servicing, and/or installing fire apparatus equipment such as Pierce, TFT Monitors, Akron Valves, Hurcules CAFS Systems, Husky Foam Systems, Federal Signal, and ECT
- An ability to demonstrate a qualified understanding of hydraulic systems and the ability to read hydraulic schematics is required
- A strong understanding of electrical systems, as well as an understanding of electrical troubleshooting as it relates to truck equipment, is considered an asset
- An understanding of MFPA/EVT standards an asset
- Minimum BC Class 5 driver’s license with air brake endorsement or equivalent
- Interprovincial Red Seal considered an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong commitment to safety
- Detail oriented, dependable, and punctual
- Commitment to providing outstanding internal/external customer service
- Ideally, be computer literate
Typical duties include but not limited to:
- EVT equipment installation, repair, and servicing
- Ensure adherence to pre-established standards of performance
- Operate workshop lifting devices
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, as well as exceptional career growth potential. Please feel free to contact Jeff Price, Service Manager, should you wish to discuss the vacancy, in confidence, prior to making an application.
We thank all who apply, however, only those who are qualified for the position will be contacted.