Reporting directly to the Branch Manager, the Service Manager is responsible for the efficiency and productivity of the service department and shop personnel, leading and supporting the team with confidence and a high degree of professionalism. The Service Manager must possess and demonstrate a strong commitment to customer service and deliver the high quality of service we are known for throughout the truck equipment industry.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage the service department and shop personnel
- Maintain or improve service department profits
- Manage the branches OH & S program and other regulatory programs
- Assist in the preparation of operating budgets and multi-year forecasts
- Minimum 3 years in service team leadership role
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Excel and experience using web-based applications
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong conflict resolutions skills
Skills and Attributes:
- Gather information and make accountable decisions
- Develop creative ways to positively motivate and manage staff
- Create service programs specific to our customers’ needs
- Communication with customers on job progress
- Build and maintain relationships with customers
- Monitor processes to ensure parts and labor are properly recorded.
- Maintain relationships with suppliers and negotiate warranty agreements
- Improve and maintain service schedules
- Manage warranty claims process
- Manage Occupational Health and Safety programs
- Accurate record keeping
- Process review and improvement
This is a full-time permanent position that includes competitive compensation, medical benefits, dental benefits, life insurance, long term disability, short term disability, company-sponsored matching RRSP plan, profit sharing, boot allowance, tool allowance and replacement program, PPE, training and apprentice opportunities, as well as the opportunity for exceptional career growth.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those who are qualified for the position will be contacted.
Apply Now Print PDF