A key member of our Utility Product Support team whose primary role is to ensure all technical assistance activities, remotely and on site, are carried out timely and effectively. Product Support duties include troubleshooting, warranty management, and internal/external training, while professionally engaging with customers, key suppliers, and working closely with Commercial Truck Equipment (CTEC) sales and customer service personnel.
This position is preferably based in Calgary, but other locations would be considered for the right individual.
Extensive training will be provided.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing both operational and service training to CTEC Utility customers; Ability to design and customize training programs specific to customer fleet requirements.
- Providing training to CTEC service group.
- Provide technical trouble shooting assistance for the Terex product line in accordance with approved procedures and policies, both remotely and on site at customer locations when necessary.
- Investigate customer complaints regarding quality, specifications, and delivered condition of products, communicating internally with designated departments for investigation, and following up until completion.
- Perform warranty administration and resolution for the Terex product line.
- Conducting Root Cause Analyses investigations with multiple stakeholders.
- Represent the company at trade shows and special events.
- Assist sales in product demonstrations as needed.
- Assist the branch service managers in employee skills evaluations and recommended training programs
Key Qualifications and Requirements:
- Travel average of 25 percent. Must be willing and able to travel regularly throughout the assigned territory sometimes on short notice and for extended periods of time.
- Ability to remain objective and facilitate positive resolution to issues, even in stressful conditions.
- Strong communication skills required.
- Full technical level language proficiency in English, verbal and written.
- Confidence and ability to do presentations in front of large groups.
- Excellent technical and mechanical skills and practical experience related to troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair related to Utility products and technology.
- Ability to read technical drawings, schematics, and service manuals.
- CUFF certification and Journeyman Mechanic Red Seal is a strong asset.
- Knowledge of hydraulic controls system and components would be an asset.
- Strong Terex product knowledge is an asset.
- Must be able to travel to US
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefit package, as well as exceptional career growth potential. Please feel free to contact Jake Wall, Technical Support Manager should you wish to discuss the vacancy, in confidence, prior to making an application.
We thank all who apply; however, only those who are qualified for the position will be contacted.