You will be responsible for a wide variety of warehouse tasks, including shipping/receiving and all related tasks, daily warehouse and yard maintenance, and local parts deliveries, as well as assisting with hydraulic rebuilds and assembling push-pull cables. You must be able to work outdoors in all elements.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain an organized yard and warehouse using the forklift
- Local driving to shuttle parts and supplies; vehicle provided
- Loading and unloading trucks/trailers with a forklift
- Counting of off-site Vendor Managed Inventory at our customers’ facilities
- Ensure accurate receipts of incoming purchase order goods within company set lead times and communicating any discrepancies to the Parts Manager
- Label, put away, and bin-locate incoming inventory and supplies.
- Administer quality control inspections on incoming purchase order receipts and communicating any quality issues to the Parts Manager
- Receive and process customer return orders
- Provide support to the Warehouse Manager when demand requires
- General labour duties such as housekeeping and general yard maintenance
- Working outdoors in all elements
- Work in accordance with all health and safety requirements
- Washing large commercial vehicles upon completion of service repairs or production
- NO SHIFT WORK. This is a full-time position with possible advancement in all departments.
- Valid BC driver’s license (driver’s abstract must be provided)
- 2 years’ experience as a warehouse receiver, shipper, or inventory clerk
- Forklift operator certificate is considered an asset, not a requirement
- Experience in customer service is considered a major asset
- Post secondary education in logistics, warehouse, or transportation is an asset
Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to work both independently, as well as in a team environment
- Strong commitment to safety
- Solid work ethic backed by references
- Commitment to providing outstanding internal/external customer service
- Strong and active; able to lift 50-70 pounds unassisted
- Strong problem solving skills
The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of employment, ideally in a similar industry, a full driving license, a desire to work to a high quality with an understanding of customer service and satisfaction, and be self-motivated. Training and product familiarization will be provided to the successful candidate. We thank all who apply, however, only those who are qualified for the position will be contacted.
Apply Now Print PDF